Rec Park is located at 2nd St NW and 4th Ave NW along the banks of the Rum River. It has three softball fields, pickleball courts, splash pad, a skateboard ramp, rock climbing boulder, zip line, playground equipment, ice skating, hockey rink, access to the trail system, and four campsites.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are currently two courts, available on a first come, first served basis. Unfortunately, reservations for the courts can not be taken. Both courts can be used during Rec Park hours, which are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. throughout the week. The courts are conveniently located inside the hockey rink.
Shelters, Bandshell, and Community Center
There are three shelters in Rec Park: the Lions Shelter (with electric), the Sawmill Shelter (no electric), and the Rum River Shelter (with electric). The Bandshell, located just west of the Lions Shelter, has electric for events that may require a sound system. There are no grills provided. If you need to grill, we highly recommend gas grills. To avoid the possibility of a fire, please DO NOT dump the ashes in the park if a charcoal grill is used. Alcoholic beverages are allowed in city park shelters IF INDICATED ON THE PARK PERMIT. Parks close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (see City Ordinance #90.01);
The Gorecki Community Center is adjacent to the Splash Pad. There are 10 tables and 40 chairs available for use. There is also a large counter area with individual outlets for crockpots, coffee pots, etc. There is also a small sink, freezer, refrigerator, and microwave, but there is no stove. The Gorecki Center is air-conditioned, and has a smart tv with HDMI hookup for any presentations you'd like to show. Bathrooms are located in this building as well. This is a great facility to rent in the summer for kids' birthday parties with the splash pad right there.
Reservations are required to use any of the shelters, bandshell, or Gorecki Center.
Play the Milaca Disc Golf Course! It is a moderately hilly and moderately wooded 18 hole course, with several holes that play over the Rum River.
The Disc Golf Course is located around Rec Park and along the north edge of the Milaca Schools property. The course design takes into play the Rum River, woods and park green space with holes designed to challenge the experienced player and also allow the beginner to learn and enjoy the game.
There are 4 campsites available at Recreation Park located at 435 2nd Street NW and can be rented online at cityofmilaca.org/reservations. If a space is reserved it will be indicated on the mailbox. If spaces are not shown as reserved, they are available for rent.
The fee is $20.00 per night (hooking up to water/electricity) or $10.00 per night for primitive camping with a 3 night maximum stay. RV Campsites are 75 feet long, and have 30 amp power. A permit form is located in the mailbox labeled "Permits" on the little shed right by the campsites. This needs to be filled out and the small postcard clipped to the campsite. Payment goes into the envelope that is marked "please deposit envelope and payment in drop box." If writing a check, make check payable to City of Milaca. The Milaca Police Department will make routine checks to make sure anyone using a campsite does have the small postcard visible at their campsite.
NOTE: These campsites are not available during REC FEST which occurs the last weekend in July.
CITY OF MILACA CAMPING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No camping without permit. Permit must be displayed on post at camp site. Per ordinance, maximum stay is 3 nights.
- Alcoholic beverages allowed AT CAMPSITE ONLY with permit.
- Fires in designated areas or fire pits only and must be attended at all times.
- No waste water (including gray water) to be dumped on the ground. Please use the dump station located at Jim’s Mille Lacs Disposal (205 2nd Ave NE) on the south side of the building. No dumping of waste water should be done during business hours 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- We reserve the right to evict, without refund, anyone who does not respect the camping rules or does not respect fellow campers.
- All pets must be on a leash at all times unless in designated area. There are dog waste stations in designated area.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. (*unless there is a special event in the park). During quiet hours, activities are limited to campsite area only.
- No fireworks or firearms may be discharged or displayed in the park.
- Only one unit per site (unless vehicle pulling camping unit). Overflow parking in parking area by ball fields.
- CHECKOUT TIME IS 11 A.M.
- No disturbing, destroying or removing city property, vegetation, wildlife, signs, equipment or facilities.
- No littering. If you clean fish, please wrap the remains well in plastic bags or newspaper and place in garbage can.
- All other City Ordinances will apply to campers and visitors. All visitors must leave park by 10:00 p.m. (unless special event in park).
- No camping permits will be issued the last full week in July due to our Rec Fest event.
- City is not liable for any act of nature damage (for example: hail, tree damage, flooding, etc).
*Please be advised that there may be summer entertainment in the Band Shell which may include bands.
- Satellite rest rooms available near campsites
- 4 camp sites with water and electricity (no sewer)
- Class 5 parking pad
- Splash Pad
- Ball Fields
- 18 Hole Disc Golf
- Walking/Biking Trails
- Picnic Shelters (if not previously reserved by others). If shelter is reserved and proof of reservation is shown to you, you must leave the shelter.
Rec Park Milaca
435 2nd Street NW
Milaca, MN 56353